- BigTent reserves the right to refuse service to anyone. BigTent may terminate your use at any time.
- You agree to provide accurate information about yourself and use this site for lawful purposes only. You agree not to transmit any content or use the site in a way that is harmful to another.
- Children under 13 are not allowed to have accounts on the BigTent Site. Children 13-18 are encouraged to get parental permission before registering for accounts on the BigTent Site.
- You are entirely responsible for all content that you post, upload or import to BigTent. You will indemnify BigTent of any liability that arises as a result of your actions or the content you place on the BigTent platform.
- You agree to use and accept all content accessed through the BigTent site at your own risk.
- BigTent reserves the right in its sole discretion to monitor and remove content posted.
- BigTent is not liable for any meetings, activities or events held by groups/clubs.
- You agree not to violate BigTent's intellectual property rights in its services, platform, trademarks and website.
- If you send BigTent any ideas, suggestions, information, concepts, improvements or other materials related to the platform, you give BigTent the right to use them. BigTent will owe you no fees or royalties for any such content or ideas.
- You agree to resolve any dispute with BigTent only through mediation, negotiation or arbitration.
BigTent is an online platform that allows users to manage multiple groups all in one place. It provides a security-protected network where users can interact with one another and stay informed and involved in their groups' activities.
Right to Refuse
BigTent reserves the right to refuse service to anyone for any reason or no reason whatsoever.
You agree to use this site for lawful purposes only. As a user of the BigTent platform you agree that you will:
- NOT transmit any content that is harmful, abusive, threatening, harassing, defamatory, libelous, obscene, or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable according to the standard of your organization and the platform community.
- NOT violate the legal rights of others or any local, state, national or international laws.
- NOT upload, post, or otherwise transmit content that infringes on the intellectual property rights of others by violating any patent, trademark, proprietary right, trade secret, or copyright.
- NOT upload, post, or otherwise transmit content that contains or installs any material containing viruses, worms, deliberately corrupted or harmful data, or programs designed to deteriorate the functionality of any computer hardware or software.
- NOT collect information about other BigTent platform users (including contact information and e-mail addresses) without their consent.
- NOT impersonate any person or entity, including, but not limited to, a BigTent employee, any group leader or member, any law official or misrepresent your affiliation with any such person or entity.
- NOT distribute unwanted or unsolicited promotional material or inappropriate content that qualifies as spam or junk-mail.
- NOT collect and/or store information about platform users without their knowledge and consent in association with any of the platform functions.
- NOT "hack," deface or otherwise misuse the BigTent site or attempt to gain unauthorized access to other parts of the site or the technology used to create it.
Provided that you are eligible for use of the BigTent platform, you are granted a limited license to access and use the BigTent platform and services and to download or print a copy of any portion of the uploaded or imported content for groups that you are a member of and to which you have properly gained access solely for your personal use. Your use shall be limited to non-commercial purposes unless your group has been approved by BigTent as a commercial sponsored group. If you have any questions about whether your use is non-commercial or your group is a commercial sponsored group, please contact us at email@example.com.
Violations of User Conduct
BigTent may terminate your use of this site or any BigTent services without notice if you fail to adhere to these terms, or if in BigTent's sole discretion, termination is appropriate to protect the business or property of BigTent or its suppliers or partners.
Children Under the Age of 13
Children between the Ages of 13 and 18
We recommend that minors 13-18 years old ask their parents for permission before sending any information about themselves to anyone over the Internet. BigTent reserves the right to verify proof of parental permission with group leaders.
User Account / Passwords
In consideration of your use of the BigTent services, you agree to (a) provide accurate, current and complete information about you as may be prompted by any membership forms on the BigTent platform; (b) maintain the security of your password and identification; (c) maintain and promptly update your membership data, and any other information you provide to BigTent, to keep it accurate, current and complete; and (d) be fully responsible for the confidentiality, security and use of your account and for any actions that take place using your account.
Upon registration you will receive a username (your primary email address) and you will choose a password. You also agree to notify BigTent immediately if there is unauthorized access or use of your account.
By obtaining a password, you authorize BigTent to honor instructions from any person using that password as if you had given the instructions. All actions taken by use of your password will be your responsibility. BigTent reserves the right to cancel your password and remove your access to restricted areas if in its sole discretion it is appropriate to do so. You may change your password by going to Home >Settings>Change Password.
Credit Card Transactions
Credit Card and PayPal transactions of various kinds are supported by the BigTent platform. You agree to review the charges and information you supply prior to finalizing any and all transactions. Any transaction made through our website will reference BigTent and/or your group name on your credit card statement. You or your group will be responsible for all charges and taxes incurred through your transactions. If you discover a billing error or have questions about any transaction, please contact us immediately at:
BigTent is not liable for any misuse, losses or damages that result from your use of PayPal through the BigTent, including without limitation misuse, losses or damages resulting from a group administrator's handling of funds collected through the BigTent platform.
Content Monitoring and Usage
BigTent hosts message forums, calendars, events, recommendations, reviews, classifieds, profiles, blogs/journals and many other types of content posting on its platform. BigTent does not endorse, verify or take responsibility for any information or content posted on or transmitted through these forums. You agree to use and accept any and all content accessed through this site at your own risk. BigTent and its affiliates will not be liable for any losses or damages incurred by you or others while using, accessing or relying on any content or information in any of these forums.
Meetings and Events
Through the BigTent platform we provide tools that allow for your group(s) to organize meetings and events. BigTent is in no way connected to such meetings or events and does not help organize or orchestrate these activities, and BigTent is therefore not liable for any problems or issues that arise from or at any of these activities. We encourage you to exercise caution and to only meet with members that you know and trust.
BigTent complies with the Digital Millenium Copyright Act (the “DMCA”). The DMCA provides the following procedure for copyright owners to follow to report content that infringes their copyright. Please be advised that the DMCA makes people liable for damages if they materially misrepresent that a user's content is infringing.
If you believe that content or material appearing on BigTent's platform infringes your copyright or violates your intellectual property rights please alert us and provide BigTent with the following:
- A statement identifying the copyrighted work you claim to have been infringed
- A description of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled
- The specific locations on our website where the material is found, preferably using the respective URL(s)
- Your name, mailing address, telephone number, email address and any other information you deem necessary to contact you
- A statement that says that (1) by submitting this notice, you declare that you have a good faith belief that use of the copyrighted content described above, in the manner you have complained of, is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; (2) you declare that the information in this notice is accurate; and (3) you declare, under penalty of perjury, that you are the owner or authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive copyright that is allegedly infringed
- Your physical or electronic signature
Please send the above information to the address below or via email to:
201 Jones Road, Suite 500
Waltham, MA 02451
Once we receive all of the required information, we will review your report as promptly as possible. If everything appears to be in order, we will remove or disable access to the content. We will also notify the user and, if requested, provide your report to the user.
For more information on copyright and intellectual property infringements visit: www.copyright.gov
Proprietary and Intellectual Property Rights
The services of the BigTent platform, its organization, structure, programming and user interface are copyrighted and protected by international and U.S. laws regarding copyrights, intellectual property rights, trademarks and patents. You acknowledge and agree that content and information in the BigTent site advertisements are also protected by U.S. and international copyright, trademark, patent and intellectual property laws. BigTent allows you to use this site and services with the agreement that you will not copy, modify, reverse engineer, or otherwise attempt to discover any source code or recreate any part of or the whole platform. Reproduction of the BigTent platform in any part or form is strictly prohibited.
By sending any suggestions, improvements, concepts, information or other materials to BigTent related to the platform, you grant BigTent the worldwide, nonexclusive, royalty-free, irrevocable, perpetual right to use and distribute any materials, software or content developed from the materials you send. BigTent has no obligation to pay you or anyone else any royalties or other fees associated with the reproduced content or ideas.
"BigTent Design", the BigTent logo, "BigTent.com", "BigTent", and all other trademarks, service marks, slogans, tag lines, graphics and logos used in connection with BigTent, or the BigTent site are trademarks or registered trademarks of BigTent Design, Inc. or its affiliates. Other trademarks, service marks, graphics and logos used in connection with the site or platform may be the trademarks of other third parties. Your use of the BigTent site and platform in no way grants you any right or license to reproduce or otherwise use any BigTent or third-party trademarks.
Conduct/Content of Third Party Advertisers and Service Dealers
BigTent is not responsible for your dealings or involvements with third party advertisers or service dealers or for any of their content found on the BigTent website, including but not limited to payment and delivery of goods or services, and any other terms, conditions or warranties. BigTent will not be responsible for any losses or damages incurred from dealings with or contact with third parties available through the platform.
BigTent is not responsible for the accuracy, availability or content of any links to other web sites or resources present on its platform. We do not endorse nor are we liable for products, services, advertising or information made available by these links and will not be held responsible for any damages or losses that result from interaction with any links accessed through the platform.
While BigTent may assist groups and users in their efforts to resolve disputes among themselves, we are in no way obligated to do so and any attempt made to resolve such disputes is done so at our discretion.
Disclaimer of Warranties
ALL SERVICES, TOOLS, PRODUCTS AND ANY OTHER PLATFORM COMPONENTS AVAILBLE FROM THE BIGTENT SITE AND PLATFORM ARE PROVIDED "AS IS," AND BIGTENT AND ITS AFFILIATES MAKE NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT OF PROPRIETARY RIGHTS. BIGTENT AND ITS AFFILIATES DO NOT WARRANT THAT USE OF THIS SITE AND ITS SERVICES WILL BE ERROR FREE, SECURE, FREE OF DEFECTS, OR VIRUSES OR THAT INFORMATION CONTAINED ON THE SITE IS ACCURATE OR TRUE. YOU UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT YOUR USE OF THE SITE AND SERVICES THROUGH THE BIGTENT PLATFORM IS AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION AND RISK, AND THAT BIGTENT AND ITS AFFILIATES WILL HAVE NO LIABILITY OR RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY DAMAGES INCURRED THAT RESULT FROM THE USE OF SUCH CONTENT OR SERVICES. SOME JURISDICTIONS MAY NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES, SO SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
Limitation of Liabilities
IN NO EVENT WILL BIGTENT OR ITS AFFILIATES BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY OTHER PARTY FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES, REGARDLESS OF THE BASIS OR NATURE OF THE CLAIM, RESULTING FROM ANY USE OF THE SITE OR PLATFORM, OR THE CONTENTS THEREOF OR OF ANY HYPERLINKED WEBSITE INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ANY LOST PROFITS, BUSINESS INTERRUPTION, LOSS OF DATA OR OTHERWISE, EVEN IF BIGTENT OR ITS AFFILIATES WERE EXPRESSLY ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. NOTWITHSTANDING ANYTHING TO THE CONTRARY CONTAINED HEREIN, BIGTENT'S LIABILITY TO YOU FOR ANY CAUSE WHATSOEVER, AND REGARDLESS OF THE FORM OF THE ACTION, WILL AT ALL TIMES BE LIMITED TO THE AMOUNT PAID, IF ANY, BY YOU TO BIGTENT FOR THE SERVICE (WHICH SPECIFICALLY EXCLUDES ANY AMOUNTS PAID TO YOUR GROUP) DURING THE TERM OF MEMBERSHIP, BUT IN NO CASE WILL THE BIGTENT'S LIABILITY TO YOU EXCEED $1000. YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT IF NO FEES ARE PAID TO BIGTENT FOR THE SERVICE, YOU SHALL BE LIMITED TO INJUNCTIVE RELIEF ONLY, UNLESS OTHERWISE PERMITTED BY LAW, AND SHALL NOT BE ENTITLED TO DAMAGES OF ANY KIND FROM BIGTENT, REGARDLESS OF THE CAUSE OF ACTION. SOME JURISDICTIONS MAY NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF LIABILITY FOR CERTAIN DAMAGES, SO SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
Termination of Service
We reserve the right to modify or terminate service of all or any part of the BigTent platform at any time without notice. You agree that all terminations shall be made at the discretion of BigTent and BigTent will not be held liable to you or to any third party for any such modification or termination of services.